We are looking for a Software Architect who will be responsible for the design and overall quality of the system development, in close collaboration with the agile development team, product department and management. Your core activities are to create high-level system and software specifications and continuously evaluate technologies, tools and processes to ensure the quality of every solution.
You will play a central communicative role in defining software requirements and securing the flow of relevant information across development teams, departments, as well as management. There is a high focus on Agile and DevOps, thus, it is required that you as a Software Architect have an understanding and preferably previous experience working in cross-functional team with both development and some extent of operational responsibilities.
As part of a small but growing company you will experience that every day is unlike the other and your contribution makes a difference. You will get to work hands-on with varied tasks to be done at the same time and involved in defining a structure for ad-hoc activities, where you help formulate best practices for an even more organised and proactive way of working.
Your primary tasks and responsibilities can be summarized into the following:
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to determine the software requirements.
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Creating high-level product specifications and design documents.
- Providing the development team with architectural blueprints to follow.
- Mentor Software Engineers to allow for skill/knowledge development through advice, coaching, and training opportunities.
- Guiding and assisting the development team throughout the process.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues with coding or design.
- Ensuring that you and the team adhere to development schedules and deadlines.
- Testing the final product to ensure it is completely functional and meets requirements.
- Updating software solutions as required.
- Planning and maintaining the Technical Debt Reduction roadmap
You will work with following technologies that form the basis for OrderYOYO’s platform:
Environment – Microsoft Azure (public cloud):
- Web services
- Serverless (Functions)
- SQL and no-SQL databases, restful storages
- Virtual Machines
- Event driven solutions
- 3rd party payment, map, location, delivery services
- Load balancer, API gateway, CDN, caching components
- .Net Framework
- .Net Core
- Mobile: native, transitioning to cross platform development e.g. Ionic or Flutter
- Web: Vanilla JS and HTML, Vue, transitioning to JS frameworks, e.g.Angular.
You preferably have the following experience:
- Minimum 6 years of experience as software developer/engineer
- 1-2 years of experience as software architect – less is relevant if coming from a similar product
- Worked in a cloud-based distributed environment – experience with public cloud (Azure) is an advantage
- Deep understanding of RESTful web services
- Microsoft Technologies
- .NET, C# and other languages
- SQL (with and without ORM) databases
- non-SQL databases and restful storage services
- DevOps and CI/CD
- Stakeholder management
- Test and deployment management
Personal qualities we value:
- Systematic and proactive
- Positive teamplayer
If you feel that you are our new team member, please don’t hesitate to contact us!